US travel? New ESTA Registration Required

For years, visitors from certain foreign countries have been able to travel without first having an official Visa sticker in their passport. The implemented “Visa Waiver Program” (VWP) allowed visitors from many countries to come to the United States for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days without entering a visa into their passport. More than 15 million visitors from VWP countries have arrived in the United States. in America.

The new ESTA program requires Visa Waiver Program visitors visiting for tourist or business purposes by plane or ship to “register” online before entering the United States to ensure there are no law enforcement or security risks. ESTA is not required for overland crossings. Authorities require ESTA registration to be completed at least 72 hours before departure, but theoretically last-minute registration is possible. The ESTA travel permit is free, valid for 2 years and valid for multiple entries.

Where do I apply for an ESTA travel authorization?

You can register for ESTA at a website operated by the US government: ESTA information submitted via computer is compared with certain US law enforcement databases before approval or rejection. Foreign travelers cannot submit an ESTA application at a U.S. airport upon arrival. Embassies in their countries.

What if I don’t have plans to travel to the US yet?

VWP travelers do not need specific plans for travel to the United States prior to applying for an ESTA travel authorization. VWP travelers are advised to apply for a travel authorization through the ESTA website as soon as they plan to travel to visit. Applicants are not required to update destination addresses or itineraries that have changed since ESTA travel authorization has been granted.

Does the ESTA travel authorization guarantee entry into all states?

An ESTA travel authorization only authorizes travelers to board an airline or ship for travel under the Visa Waiver Program. Travelers with an ESTA travel authorization may be denied a port of entry (sometimes referred to as “entry”), such as an airport, even after arriving. An approved ESTA does not guarantee airport entry. In all cases, US airport officials make the final decision whether foreign travelers are allowed to enter the country. You must prove to the satisfaction of the inspectorate that you are still eligible for entry under the Visa Waiver Program.

Can I change my itinerary?

You can change the itinerary of an existing ESTA travel authorization. ESTA is designed to allow partial updates at any time. Travelers who do not receive ESTA approval may be denied boarding by the airline, delayed processing, or denied entry.

What if I already have a valid B1/B2 visitor visa?

ESTA travel authorization is completed online without an interview, but there are visas that require an embassy interview. The visa process usually has a separate procedure that requires an appointment, visit to the embassy, an interview with the consulate, processing time, and payment of an application fee. If a foreigner has already gone. Travelers with a valid B1/B2 visitor visa affixed to their passport at an embassy do not need to obtain an ESTA travel authorization as they are entering the country on a B1/B2 visitor visa and not through the Visa Waiver Program. Please note that an approved ESTA travel authorization is not a visa.

Can I reapply for an ESTA travel authorization if denied?

Yes, but you have to wait at least 10 days to reapply and your circumstances must change. Re-application does not change the result unless there is a change in substantive facts.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *