Workforce management software makes sense in times of economic recession. According to figures released by industry analysts Frost & Sullivan in August 2009, the call center industry in North America earned revenues of over $756.53 million in 2008 and this is estimated to touch $1.02 billion by 2015. The study looked at quality monitoring, workforce management and performance analytics and concluded that companies are actually receptive to automated software tools in times of an economic downturn.
Workforce Management Software Increases Scope
Customer longevity is the buzzword and retaining customers is given top priority in order to derive processes that enhance baseline analytics. Here’s a rundown of the activities that come under the purview of WFM:
- Planning based on historical data and staffing using analytical indicators from the software
- Monitoring progress on a real-time basis using analytics software
- Identify and flag any incongruent trends that might occur
- Manage employee information and skill sets
- Manage data, client and organization security
- Generate schedules that correctly map to the workload demands
- Supervise staff performance
- Provide data for decision making based on forecasting and suggest improvements or course correction
As an activity, scheduling is never static. You need to analyze the efficacy of the previous schedule and address any issues that might have cropped up earlier. You have to ensure that productivity and efficiency are always on the increase Malta. The software can analyze data quickly and efficiently to make comparisons and projections based on previous data to help you arrive at the causes for delays or inefficiency. It can also help you in the growth and expansion of your business without spreading your resources too thinly during periods of high workload.
Workforce Management Software Is A ‘Make-or-Break’ Choice
Call centers can be complicated organizations to run without the help of tools and software to ensure productivity. Such software can reduce the cost of scheduling. With the right software for workforce management in place, you can simply input the data and get the projections you want in a matter of minutes. The software can even track activities of other departments in the organization and integrate these into its own function. The software also considerably reduces paper trail in the organization.